Recipe by Dana Z
Honey coated nuts seeds and oats with sweet dried fruit make this an exceptional granola that is good for you. The hint of vanilla explodes in your mouth! I have tried many recipes and this is by far the best!!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon of high quality vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup other dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup other dried fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven the oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix together the oats, seeds and nuts in a large bowl.
- Heat oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey together in a saucepan until blended.
- Add honey mixture to oat mixture and stir well.
- Spread out the granola on one or two baking sheets and bake for 50 minutes or until desired crispness. Stir occasionally to prevent mixture from clumping.
- leave to cool and store in zip lock baggies.