Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I got this from the newspaper. Very elegant.
- 2 lbs well-trimmed boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 -12 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) candrained mandarin oranges
- 2 teaspoons toasted pine nuts or 2 teaspoons slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place pork on rack in foil-lined roasted pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, vinegar, vanilla, cumin and basil.
- Brush half of glaze on pork.
- Roast 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 155°F, brushing with remaining glaze halfway through cooking. Let stand 10 minutes or until temperature reaches 160°F before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large deep skillet on medium.
- Add spinach, cinnamon, pepper and salt; toss to coat.
- Cook spinach 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add oranges and nuts and toss.
- Serve sliced pork over bed of spinach.
- Note: Toast nuts on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for 5-10 minutes or until light golden. Pay attention or they will burn.