Recipe by Crazy Canuck Cook
These yummy granola bars are packed with healthy goodies and are peanut free! If you decide to half the recipe, add slightly more honey. They are great with or without the chocolate chips and dried blueberries are a great substitute. These are my favourite bars ever!
- 4 1⁄2 cups rolled oats or 4 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 15" pan.
- Combine the first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add vanilla, honey, and brown sugar. Beat with an electric mixer. Batter will be very heavy.
- Using a strong spoon, stir in remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Press dough into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Cut into bars and cool completely before removing from pan.