Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A succulent pasta side dish - I like it with poultry, although it would also go well with a darker fish like salmon or tuna.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 3⁄4 lb egg noodles (I like the frozen egg noodles, especially Ream's brand)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Melt butter and blend with honey, thyme, salt, pepper, juice and zest.
- Cook noodles according to pacakge directions and drain.
- Toss noodles with honey mixture and top with scallions.
- Serve with chicken or turkey.
There isn't anything much quicker than this, and so impressive looking. Company Fare for sure! Made for the December Herb/Spice of the Month = THYME
Made this for a quick lunch saturday. Very tangy which I liked. Never thought of using zest in pasta but I like it! Thanks for an easy meal!
These were excellent. I added some chicken tenders to this and alittle more honey and lemon juice to coat the chicken, and it turned out great. It's just mild but sweet and tangy all at the same time. Thank you for a great recipe!