1/2 Photos of Honey-Thyme Cornbread Muffins
From Patrick Evans-Hylton's blog - Bay Seasoned : http://www.patrickevanshylton.com/patrick_evanshylton/ According to Patrick, these muffins are a 'slightly sweet, extra moist cornbread muffins.'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Prepare traditional muffin tins by coating lightly with a cooking spray, or set a silicone muffin tin aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk eggs; combine with the wet ingredients of sour cream, butter and milk. Stir to incorporate.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients of flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, thyme and sugar; stir to incorporate and make a well in the center of the mixture.
- 5Pour wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients and gently fold to mix; stir until just blended.
- 6Spoon batter into muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
- 7Check the doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of one of the muffins; it should come out clean.
- 8Just before the muffins are done, add a small amount of honey in a saucepan and heat.
- 9Lightly brush the tops of each muffin right out of the oven and still hot, with a little of the honey; the heated muffins will absorb some of the honey.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Thyme Cornbread Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 458.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g