Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Patrick Evans-Hylton's blog - Bay Seasoned : http://www.patrickevanshylton.com/patrick_evanshylton/ According to Patrick, these muffins are a 'slightly sweet, extra moist cornbread muffins.'
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Prepare traditional muffin tins by coating lightly with a cooking spray, or set a silicone muffin tin aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs; combine with the wet ingredients of sour cream, butter and milk. Stir to incorporate.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients of flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, thyme and sugar; stir to incorporate and make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients and gently fold to mix; stir until just blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Check the doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of one of the muffins; it should come out clean.
- Just before the muffins are done, add a small amount of honey in a saucepan and heat.
- Lightly brush the tops of each muffin right out of the oven and still hot, with a little of the honey; the heated muffins will absorb some of the honey.
Alligirl this is a wonderful recipe. I enjoyed them very much, even my picky dh ate one and raved about how tasty it was. Beautiful textured muffins with a slightly sweet taste that leaves a lovely after taste in your mouth. The honey and thyme are a great addition, adding loads of flavor. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I have placed in my Favorites Cookbook for 2012. Kudos
Though i left out the salt, these were packed with honey flavor, made recipe as posted minus the salt, and definately is a Top 10 this year, as the 4 of us devoured them .Very Very Good muffins. Made for PRMR tag.