Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
I intend to spoil my cats for as long as they’ll let me. You can substitute chicken broth or chicken soup for the bouillon and water if you choose. Just to clarify... THIS IS FOR CATS.
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons dried catnip or 3 tablespoons fresh catnip
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant chicken broth, powdered
- Place the warm water in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the catnip and chicken broth.
- Shake vigorously for a couple minutes or until the bouillon is dissolved and the catnip has given the tea a greenish tinge.
- Serve ¼ cup of the tea to your cat in a shallow bowl.
- Store the remainder in the refrigerator. Warm before serving.
This was a winner with the kitties.
I just used water, so this is a great way to get them to drink more liquids.
My cats went crazy over the smell but seemed much more interested in playing in their tea then drinking it. They kept dipping their paws in the tea and then slinging it all over the kitchen. They licked up quite a bit of tea from the floor after slinging it there and my cat Smokey enjoyed rolling on the damp floor.
I have 3 cats, and only 1 was crazy with it. One smell it, and went away. The other one licked it, but was not crazy with it. Thanks for posting this recipe Sandi :) Made for all you can cook buffet