Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe is designed for the George Foreman grill and was printed in the Favorite Brand Name Recipes cookbook. Put them in to marinade at lunch and that evening cook for about 8 to 10 minutes and dinner is served. The cooking time reflects the time needed to marinade fish. Wonderful...
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 honey
- 4 (6 ounce) center cut swordfish steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, saute about 3 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce and honey; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer about 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a small dish reserve 1/4 cup sauce for basting, cover and place in fridge.
- Put the fish steaks in a large resealable plastic bag and pour remaining sauce over them.
- Put the fish in fridge and marinate 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill for 5 minutes.
- Spray both sides of grill with non-stick cooking spray.
- Grill fish steaks for 4 minutes or until almost half done.
- Open grill and remove steaks; wipe grill clean and spray both sides again with non-stick cooking spray.
- Return the steaks to the grill and baste with the reserved 1/4 cup sauce.
- Grill 3 more minutes.