Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This sauce is just wonderful poured over grilled chicken, salmon, pork chops or steaks... I like to grill chicken breasts and then serve the breasts on a platter of cooked rice and this sauce drizzled on top, then topped with green onions, and sesame seeds.... This teriyaki sauce will have you "licking you plate clean" it is THAT good!
- 44.37 ml oil
- 29.58 ml fresh minced garlic
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh ginger
- 236.59 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml rice wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 3 green onions, cut on diagonal (white part only!)
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 1 orange, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil.
- Add in garlic and ginger; saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add in soy sauce, vinegar, honey, brown sugar and sesame oil; cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is bubbly, and the sugar has melted (should take about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in the green onions juice of one orange and the cornstarch (mixed with 1 tbsp cold water); whisk until the sauce has thickened and is "glistening".
- Remove from heat.
- Pour/drizzle over grilled meats or poultry.
- Garnish with more green onions and sesame seeds.