Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sauce is just wonderful poured over grilled chicken, salmon, pork chops or steaks... I like to grill chicken breasts and then serve the breasts on a platter of cooked rice and this sauce drizzled on top, then topped with green onions, and sesame seeds.... This teriyaki sauce will have you "licking you plate clean" it is THAT good!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 green onions, cut on diagonal (white part only!)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 orange, juice of
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil.
- Add in garlic and ginger; saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add in soy sauce, vinegar, honey, brown sugar and sesame oil; cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is bubbly, and the sugar has melted (should take about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in the green onions juice of one orange and the cornstarch (mixed with 1 tbsp cold water); whisk until the sauce has thickened and is "glistening".
- Remove from heat.
- Pour/drizzle over grilled meats or poultry.
- Garnish with more green onions and sesame seeds.
taste great !! only thing I worry bout is the amount of sodium there... is that with the meat ?
I made this sauce to accompany a fillet of grilled Coho salmon, and it was incredible! I cut back on the honey to about a third of a cup, but oterwise followed exactly as written. This sauce is so good that I was sticking my fingers in the sauce to lick the sauce off them before the fish came off the grill...it was that good. This recipe goes into my T&T collection for sure! Thanks for shaing!
I have always bought KC Masterpiece Honey Teriyaki Marinade....NEVER AGAIN!!! This is the fantastic!!! One of the best sauces I've ever tried! They aren't kidding when they say this sauce will have you licking the bowl/plate!!! YUM!!