Recipe by Lisa Sorrell
This is a sweet twist on an old favorite. I do love my sauces sweet, so don't post reviews saying it's too sweet...you were warned! haha I don't own a wok, so this has instructions for making it in a frying pan. I'm sure it would work fine in a wok, too.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
LOVED THE SWEETNESS in this dish! I cut the recipe in half then followed the ingredients & directions right down the line, with the exception of including the mushrooms when the water chestnuts & bamboo shoots were added ~ It's just that I like either raw mushrooms or those that have been cooked just a little! Anyway, this is a great tasting dish & one I'd like to make more often! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Magic Mushrooms Tag Game]
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle teriyaki marinade
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup water chestnut
- 1 cup bamboo shoot
- In large frying pan, fry chicken breasts in olive oil till cooked thoroughly.
- Remove chicken from pan and saute mushrooms in drippings.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and return to pan.
- Add teriyaki sauce, honey, brown sugar and honey and simmer till brown sugar is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.
- Simmer 5 minutes and serve over rice.
- Optional: You can thicken the sauce with cornstarch if you like.