Recipe by NetDiva Amy
This is a quick marinade that's best on chicken but delicious on fish too. You can bake, BBQ or grill.
Top Review by loof
This chicken was just terrific! I was surprised by the strong presence of the chili powder but it really worked with the tangy tequila/lime and the sweet honey. I marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts for about 6 hours, then grilled them and they were very tender and very flavorful. This was a great chicken marinade that I will definitely use again - thanks for posting!
- 236.59 ml tequila
- 6 limes
- 118.29 ml honey
- 59.14 ml butter
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 0.25 ml kosher salt
- 118.29 ml yellow onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml water
- 354.88 ml fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 907.18 g chicken breasts or 907.18 g chicken thighs or 907.18 g fish fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients, except cilantro and meat in medium sauce pan.
- Simmer over medium heat about 15 minutes or until onions are soft but not clear.
- Cool completely. (Instead of adding water above, I add ice cubes at this stage.).
- Place chicken in a baking pan and pour mixture over the chickent.
- Marinade at least 1 hour, preferably over night. If the sauce doesn't completely cover the meat, turn it over half way through.
- If baking, pour out half the liquid and cover with finely chopped cilantro.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until meat is cooked through (depending on type of meat and size of pieces).
- If grilling, then grill and add the cilantro after cooking.