- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot tea, brewed (like Rooibos Vanilla)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place raisins and cherries in a large bowl. Pour strong, warm tea over the and stir in the honey. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Stir two eggs into raisin mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, spices, salt and baking powder. Add to raisin mixture and stir thoroughly. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Turn loaf out of pan and cool on a wire rack.