Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The only way I'll eat carrots is sweet. I got this from a magazine somewhere and liked it.
- 1 (2 lb) packagepeeled baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook baby carrots, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Drain. Plunge in cold water and drain again.
- Heat butter and honey in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, carrots, tarragon, and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated, about 3 minutes. Serve.
Very good! I made the recipe as directed using regular carrots and fresh tarragon. A nice way to use carrots.
Tarragon is a wonderful herb that pairs with root vegetables beautifully. This is a great side dish and a great way to eat carrots! Kids and adults love them!! Thanks.
I made these for supper tonight to go with a pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes and they were delicious!!! Thanks for the great recipe!!