How about an old fashioned taffy pull?Fun for kids and adults too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine ingredients in large,heavy saucepan.
- 2Bring to boil over medium heat,stirring constantly.
- 3Continue stirring and cook until mixture reaches soft crack stage (270 degrees on candy thermometer).
- 4Pour mixture onto cool,buttered surface (a large cookie sheet works).
- 5Allow to cool slightly,until it can be handled comfortably.
- 6Here is the fun part,butter your hands,find a partner,pull and twist taffy into ropes, until it lightens in color.
- 7Break ropes into pieces about 2 inches long.
- 8wrap pieces in waxed paper and twist ends.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Taffy
Serving Size: 1 (1192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1425.1
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 158.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 295.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 292.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g