Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
How about an old fashioned taffy pull?Fun for kids and adults too.
Make and share this Honey Taffy recipe from Food.com.
- Combine ingredients in large,heavy saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat,stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring and cook until mixture reaches soft crack stage (270 degrees on candy thermometer).
- Pour mixture onto cool,buttered surface (a large cookie sheet works).
- Allow to cool slightly,until it can be handled comfortably.
- Here is the fun part,butter your hands,find a partner,pull and twist taffy into ropes, until it lightens in color.
- Break ropes into pieces about 2 inches long.
- wrap pieces in waxed paper and twist ends.
You definitely want to use a large saucepan with this recipe. When the mixture boils, it foams up a lot. I noticed it was very time consuming after the mixture was poured into the pan. It's not the easiest stuff to handle! I ended up just "cutting" the taffy into chunks and wrapping each piece with waxed paper. The recipe itself is very rich. I think I was expecting something a little bit different, it's not a flavor I'm used to. Maybe next time I'll add some sort of nuts. Thank you for the new recipe!