Recipe by PA Italian
a sweet dessert for those watching their sugar levels, vegans, dieters and those watching their health but crave dessert.
Top Review by Saturn
These turned out quite well. The only thing I would change is to maybe use a slightly bigger pan. The bottom layer ended up being a bit too thick. I think it would be much nicer if it was a bit thinner. I think I will try a 9" pan or an 11"x7" pan next time. Other than that, this was a super easy and tasty dish. I will keep this recipe on hand for those times when I need a great bar in a hurry. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (13 ounce) can sugar-free pie filling
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour an 11x7 baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and honey. Add flour, oats and baking powder; mix thoroughly. Flatten half into pan.
- Spread the pie filling over this and top with the remaining oat mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool before cutting into bars.