Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple yet wonderful sweet cornbread that you just have to try!
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 8x8 baking pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place margarine and sugar in large bowl of mixer and cream until smooth. Add honey and eggs and beat to blend, scraping bottom and sides of bowl frequently.
- Beat in half of the milk. Beat in half of the flour mixture. Repeat with remaining milk and flour mixture.
- With mixer at lowest speed, continue to mix for 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in oven 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This was very good. I did use a 9×11 pan and the bake time was only 35 min. I topped it off with extra honey drizzled on top. Yummy....thanks for recipe ??
This is sweeter than the cornbread I am used to. Didn't even need to add honey on top.
This is a delicious and sweet cornbread we really enjoyed! Made to go with a pot of chili and it hit the spot! Thanks for sharing your recipe! :)