Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The strawberries are better the longer they sit in the honey!
- 2 lbs small strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 35 vanilla wafer cookies, such as Nilla Wafers
- 3⁄4 cup blanched almond
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese, at room temperature (whole milk)
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 9 tablespoons honey
- 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Combine strawberries and 1/3 c honey in a bowl. Let sit in refrigerator, at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Wrap a 10" springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bring butter and 2 tbsp honey to a boil in a small saucepan. Set aside.
- Grind vanilla wafers to fine crumbs in a food processor. Add nuts, salt and butter mixture, and process until nuts are finely chopped.
- Press mixture into springform pan, and 1" up the sides. Compact firmly with the bottom of a glass or measuring cup.
- Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Cool on rack. Reduce oven to 325°F.
- Beat cream cheese and ricotta cheese in a large bowl or standing mixer until smooth. Add sugar and 9 tbsp honey.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until egg is fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla and lemon extracts. Pour into cooled crust.
- Bake until puffed and golden, and center barely wiggles when shaken, about 70 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool completely, at least 2 hours. When cool, transfer to refrigerator and chill at least 4 hours.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake before releasing sides of pan. Transfer to serving platter. Drizzle top of cake with honey in a zigzag pattern, and serve with strawberry compote.