Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My daughter got this recipe when she lived in El Paso and uses it with flank steak. The marinade is also great on chicken. We like to serve it with rice.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- Score steak by making crisscross cuts on the surface on both sides of the meat.
- Mix ingredients for marinade and pour over steak.
- Marinate for at least 45 minutes or overnight.
- Grill as desired and slice on the diagonal.
Very pleasant tasting marinade - my only piece of advice would be to marinate overnight - the flavor is much more pronounced than when you marinate for an hour (of course, I say that about every marinade...)
Mmmm, this is delicious. I've used the recipe twice. The first time I marinaded the meat for several hours, the second time it was just for 2-3 hours. Longer is definitely better! I also tried it without the ginger and it was still delicious.
Very good, used with both steaks and chicken. I personally substituted the Soy sauce for Worcestershire Sauce to reduce the sodium ... still delicious