Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a great steak kebab recipe and very flavorful. This can be grilled, broiled or even baked. I like to serve this with rice and a tossed salad. You can change the vegetables to your liking.
- 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml honey
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4.92 ml grated lemon peel
- 1.23 ml crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 453.59 g boneless sirloin steaks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Combine marinade, pour over beef and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove beef and discard marinade. Using 4 10-inch metal skewers (or use wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for a couple hours), alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Broil or grill 2 inches from heat, turning 2 or 3 times until meat is cooked to 160° and vegetables are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- This also can be baked at 350 for 45 min (ovens vary). Place skewered meat and vegies on a foil lined sheet pan and turn 3-4 times during baking time.
I marinated the sirloin for most of the day & they had a nice teriyaki style flavor. Next time though I would reserve some of the marinade to brush on the skewers so the veggies had a touch of the same flavor. I skewered yellow squash, a bell pepper, purple onion, and baby eggplant. I prepared on a indoor foreman grill and served with Easy Vegetable Rice Medley.