This is one of the recipes I adopted. I'll submit any necessary modifications to the recipe when I prepare it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 2In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- 3With electric mixer, beat egg yolks; gradually blend in sugar and almond powder.
- 4Cream mixture until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add honey (and almond extract).
- 6Mix together milk, baking soda and cooled melted butter; add to egg yolk mixture.
- 7Gradually add sifted flour mixture.
- 8When batter is thoroughly blended, quickly but gently fold in egg whites.
- 9Steaming: Before mixing, bring water in steamer to boil.
- 10Grease bottom only of 9" round flat-bottom, high-sided bowl (or tube pan, bundt pan or cupcake tins).
- 11Pour batter into bowl.
- 12Steam for 1 hour.
- 13Best served steaming hot, cake can always be resteamed without suffering.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 166.4 mg
- Sodium 297.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g