Recipe by KittyKitty
From Southern Living
Top Review by NanaD
A wonderful salad. Have made it twice now. We thought the dressing was too sweet so cut it back to about 1/4 cup of honey. Made it perfect for us. Also the second time I used 50/50 spinach and spring greens. So good! This is a keeper for sure. Thanks, KittyKitty for posting this great recipe.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 lb fresh spinach
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salt in a large bowl; add garlic.
- Mash garlic and salt to a paste, using back of a spoon.
- Combine honey, olive oil, and lemon juice in a jar.
- Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Add honey mixture to garlic mixture; stir well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Remove stems from spinach; wash leaves thoroughly, and pat dry.
- Tear leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Combine spinach, oranges, and walnuts in a large bowl; toss well.
- Pour honey mixture over salad, tossing to coat.
- Serve immediately.