Recipe by graffeetee
this is such a delicious blend of flavors! it's not overpowering, just scrumptious. i think of this mainly as an autumn dish, but it's not limited to that, as any leftovers are also good cold. makes a great sandwich! prep time does not include overnight marinating.
- 4 cardamom pods
- 30 black peppercorns
- 18 juniper berries
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
Directions See How It's Made
- give the cardamom pods a good smack to open and remove the seeds.
- add the cardamom seeds to the other whole spices and grind together in a spice grinder.
- remove to a small bowl and stir in kosher salt.
- pat roast dry with paper towels.
- coat the pork all over with the honey. oil your fingers if you wish so the honey doesn't stick to them.
- pat the spice mixture all over the roast. the honey helps it to stay put.
- cover and refrigerate overnight. return to room temp before roasting.
- preheat oven to 450.
- put pork in a rack in a roasting pan and pop in the oven.
- roast for 10 minutes, then turn oven down to 350.
- roast for 50-60 minutes longer. the amount of time depends on how well done you like your pork. if you are unsure, aim for a 145 F internal temperature.
- remove pork from oven, cover lightly with foil, and let rest 10-15 minutes before carving.