1/1 Photo of Honey Spiced Nut Mix
These spiced nuts can be prepared with pantry ingredients in a flash. The nuts are roasted then tossed in a totally addictive salty-sweet coating made from Demerara sugar and coarse kosher salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml demerara sugar (granulated can be substituted)
- 4.92 ml coarse kosher salt
- 44.37 ml honey
- 3.69 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml smoked paprika
- 0.25 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 453.59 g mixed raw nuts (combination of unroasted cashews, whole unblanched almonds, pecan halves, pistachios, hazelnuts, any)
- 1Preheat oven to 350-deg. F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine sugar and salt and set aside.
- 3Combine honey, black pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika and cayenne in a bowl and mix well. Add mixed nuts and stir to thoroughly coat. Spread nut mixture evenly in a single layer on prepared sheet pan and bake until toasted and fragrant, about 10 to 11 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven and let cool until barely warm, then transfer to sugar mixture and toss to evenly coat. Return to sheet pan and cool completely. Transfer to airtight container or divide nuts into two portions and package for gift giving. Nuts will keep 5 days at room temperature, tightly sealed.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Spiced Nut Mix
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.7
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1199.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 19.9 g