Recipe by vintagenovelty
I found a yummy recipe and fiddled about with it. These muffins are NOT sweet, because I can't stand sweet stuff, after all.. :P
Top Review by Annacia
Very, very nice muffins. The degree of sweetness is perfect and that small touch of honey is the perfect top note to the great spices (I added a light scattering of chopped walnuts too). These were made in Oct and they are ideal for Fall and they are so nice with a cup of tea while watching the leaves drift down. I used Splenda for the sugar, heart healthy margarine and egg white. Thank you Jermaine, I'll be making these again. You have been a great daughter for PAC, Fall '07.
- 414.03 ml self-raising flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml margarine or 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 158.51 ml milk
- 78.07 ml low-fat sour cream
- 29.58 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. Grease the bottom only of 12 muffin tins, or line with foil/paper cups.
- In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin tins and bake for 17 minutes.