Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Off the back of Master Chef Crepe. Duck may be replaced with chicken too.
- 1 1⁄2 kg duck
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 5 cm green ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 20 pieces crepes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, garnish
- 4 red chilies, garnish
- Fill pot with water. Add soy sauce, ginger, garlic and spice powder. Boil briskly for 2 minute.
- Add duck and boil briskly for another 2 minutes. Allow duck to cool in pot till warm. Remove duck and drain well.
- Cut duck into half through centre of breast bone. Drain off any excess liquid. Place duck in tray.
- Mix marinade in bowl. Rub all the marinade well into the skin of duck. Marinade for 2 hours, then bake in oven at 300 Farenheit for 30 minute.
- Slice duck when cool with very sharp knife.
- Fold crepe diagonally, place duck meat into centre of crepe. Fold right side of crepe to left and vice versa.
- Decorate with garnish.