I found this recipe on the Central Ohio Beekeepers Association website and had to try them. I used some great local honey which added to the great taste. Excellent with ice cream or sherbet on the side!
- Cream together the brown sugar and shortening.
- Beat in the eggs and honey.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape chilled dough into 1-inch balls and roll in white sugar. (Keep dough chilled between batches so it doesn't get too soft).
- Place 2-inches apart on a slightly greased (or parchment paper covered) baking sheet and flatten slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on pan for about 5 minutes then remove to cool completely. (I use parchment and just slide the parchment off the baking sheet onto the counter to cool).