Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is just a really good recipe...always requested
- 3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups quacker quick oats (not instant)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and mace.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resemble coarse crumbs. Stir in oats. Stir in honey and eggs, mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375* degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Makes 4 dozen.