Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found a madeline pan on sale and bought it. Then I started a search for a good madeline recipe that was relatively low-fat. This is not a traditional madeline recipe, but it is really good! This was adapted from a recipe at the oregon honey website. If you don't have a madeline pan you can use a mini muffin pan.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the madeline pan with cooking spray.
- Dissolve the baking soda in 1 tablespoon water and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour through cloves.
- Add the wet ingredients (baking soda dissolved in water through buttermilk) and stir until moistened.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Spoon into the greased pan and bake 8-10 minutes.
These are absolutely wonderful! I cut the egg whites down to three and used one yolk, I made these in a mini muffin tin, mine only took 6 minutes to bake in a air-bake convection oven, I am making more later today, DELICIOUS! thanks for a great recipe ladypit!....Kitten:)