Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is one of our favorites. I found this recipe in the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook. I have made a couple of changes to suit our tastes. It's a quick and easy main dish and goes well with rice pilaf or your favorite cooked rice.
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Note: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.
- Using a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add green pepper chunks and blanch for 1 minute in boiling water.
- Drain pepper chunks and allow to cool.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut each chicken breast half into pieces approximately 1-inch in size.
- In a small bowl, combine 57 sauce and honey and mix well.
- Alternately thread chicken, bell pepper and pineapple chunks onto the skewers.
- Brush kabobs with sauce mixture and place on broiler pan (lined with foil for easy cleanup).
- Broil about 6 inches from heat source for 8 minutes.
- Turn kabobs over and brush with sauce mixture again.
- Broil an additional 8 minutes on that side or until chicken begins to brown.
- Watch carefully as these will burn if left unattended.
OMG , this is GOOOOOD !!! I used fresh pineapple , onion , red bell pepper , and cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts . The kabobs were so flavorful and colorful . I served them with some brown rice and steamed brocolli . A new favorite recipe here for sure !!! Fantastic 5 star meal !!!