Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From WeightWatchers.com, 3 points per serving.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey, dark variety preferred
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat metal or glass loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice; set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer; add sugar, oil and honey.
- Beat until combined and mixture is pale yellow; stir in applesauce and lemon zest.
- Slowly incorporate flour mixture into egg mixture using electric mixer; mix thoroughly but do not over beat.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in middle of oven until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan for about 15 to 20 minutes and then cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- Slice into 12 pieces and serve.