Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was on the package for my mini-bundt cake pans that were given to me as a gift.
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- fresh fruit
- powdered sugar
- Spray the mini-bundt pans well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small dish, mix the hot water with espresso powder; set aside.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks.
- Beat the yolks with sugar until creamy.
- Add cooking oil, then honey, beating well after each addition until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, soda and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to egg-honey mixture alternately with espresso, mixing only until well blended. Do not over mix.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold the egg whites into honey-egg batter.
- Bake in seasoned mini-bundt pans at 325 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; turn out onto wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.
- Top with your favorite fresh fruit and sprinkle with powdered sugar.