Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful blend of spice. Perfect for a fall evening.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Mix hot water with instant coffee; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix honey, sugar, oil and eggs until very light and fluffy. Add all remaining ingredients including the coffee mixture; mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely.
- If desired, drizzled with glaze of your choice.
The recipe was cut down to 4 servings and cooked in a 6"
tube pan. I added a little extra spices per the suggestion of the
other reviewer. Used an espresso powder and lightly sprinkled
powdered sugar on top for garnish. Served with tea today for elevenses.
Reviewed for Veg Tag/October.
This was really good! exactly what I was looking for...i drizzled glaze all over it (just powdered sugar mixed with a bit of orange juice) and that really made it awesome. I also adjusted the spices, i felt it needed more...i probably almost doubled each one, plus i added cinnamon. Thanks so much! I usually fail at making nice cakes, but everyone said they thought I had bought it (which is a compliment)...i was surprised that a cake of mine could come out so nicely =)