1/1 Photo of Honey Soy Short Ribs With Spicy Peanut Glaze
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Tender beef short ribs, braised in a honey soy sauce topped with a spicy peanut glaze and served over warm jasmine rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs beef, short tibs cut into 4-oz portions
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger
- 1/2 cup tbsps honey
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut juice (can use orange juice)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon thai hot sauce
- jasmine rice
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a Dutch oven on high heat sear the short ribs until browned then add soy sauce, hoisin, vinegar, garlic, ginger, 1/2 cup honey, water, green onion, crushed red pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the coconut or orange juice.
- 3Braise the ribs covered, for about 3 hours, or until the meat is tender and falling off the bones. Remove the short ribs from the braising liquid and cover to keep warm. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- 4Drain the fat off of the cooking liquid and discard. In a bowl add the peanut butter and place into the microwave for 30 seconds to soften, add the hot sauce, honey and stir.
- 5Spread a thin layer of the peanut butter and honey mixture over the top of the rib and then coat with the crushed peanuts.
- 6Bake the peanut crusted ribs for another 10 minutes, until the short ribs are heated through and glazed. Serve over rice and pour a small ladle of the braising liquid on top of the ribs. Garnish with scallions.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Soy Short Ribs With Spicy Peanut Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4581.0
- Calories from Fat 4027
- Total Fat 447.4 g
- Saturated Fat 174.5 g
- Cholesterol 562.3 mg
- Sodium 5142.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 50.6 g
- Protein 76.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar