Honey Soy Short Ribs With Spicy Peanut Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven on high heat sear the short ribs until browned then add soy sauce, hoisin, vinegar, garlic, ginger, 1/2 cup honey, water, green onion, crushed red pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the coconut or orange juice.
- Braise the ribs covered, for about 3 hours, or until the meat is tender and falling off the bones. Remove the short ribs from the braising liquid and cover to keep warm. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Drain the fat off of the cooking liquid and discard. In a bowl add the peanut butter and place into the microwave for 30 seconds to soften, add the hot sauce, honey and stir.
- Spread a thin layer of the peanut butter and honey mixture over the top of the rib and then coat with the crushed peanuts.
- Bake the peanut crusted ribs for another 10 minutes, until the short ribs are heated through and glazed. Serve over rice and pour a small ladle of the braising liquid on top of the ribs. Garnish with scallions.