Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lovely Asian style marinade. Makes enough marinade for about 1 1/2 lbs of meat.
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (1 large green onion)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil or 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup tamari or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix all marinade ingredients together and set aside until ready to use.
- Score meat by making shallow crisscross cuts on the surface on both sides of the meat, then place meat in plastic ziploc bag or non-reactive dish (glass or plastic).
- Add marinade and marinate meat for an hour or more, turning to coat from time to time (extra marinade may be used to baste meat while it's cooking).
I made this marinade for chicken. I marinated for 5 hours and then grilled on my electric grill. It was tasty! I served the chicken with rice and corn on the cob. Thank you for posting! I'm definitely making this again.