Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple marinated chicken. Prep time includes time to marinate.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, can use breasts, can use a combination
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves, can use orange marmalade
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pepper, to taste
- Place raw chicken in a large plastic "Ziplock-type: baggie.
- In a bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients. Reserve about 1/4-1/3 cup in a seperate container for basting. Pour the rest over the chicken.
- Seal bag and "squish: around to coat.
- Refridgerate for at least 4 hours (longer if you have time); turning bag once halfway through marinating time.
- Remove chicken to hot grill; discard marinade that raw chicken was inches Grill chicken over hot grill, and brush with reswerved marinade. Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side (depending on type and size of chicken pieces) or until juices run clear.
In searching for a grilled chicken recipe, this one caught my eye...due to the orange marmalade! I had a jar in the fridge that wasn't disappearing, so this looked like a good way to use it up. I made a good choice! Very good! I processed the marmalade so it was smooth, and it tasted so good in the glaze. Thank's for posting!
Made these on my indoor gril and used these for chicken salad - Mmmmmm good!!! Marinated the breasts for about 24 hours. Makes for very tasty and tender chicken! Thanks Parsley!
The marinade is wonderful and the end result is moist, well seasoned chicken. I used boneless chicken breasts. Everything for the marinade was put into the blender container and blended well and the chicken was ready to grill in 4 hours. This was served with Sesame Rice, Asparagus With Sesame Oil Vinaigrette and glazed baby carrots.