Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
These are a great alternative to regular beef rissoles. They can be served as is or made into a hamburger.
FOR THE BURGERS
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 450 g minced chicken
- 1 large egg
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
FOR THE GLAZE
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemons, juice of or 1 lime, juice of
- Place all ingredients for burgers except for oil in a bowl and mix together well with clean hands.
- Wet your hands and shape mixture into 6 burgers.
- Heat oil in frying pan and cook burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes on eat side or until browned and cooked through.
- For the glaze mix all ingredients in a small bowl then pour mixture over the burgers in the pan.
- Simmer for another 2-3 minutes, turning the burgers occasionally until the burgers are well coated.