Recipe by Tisme
Simple, easy and great tasting. I use on either drumsticks and drumettes, but the drumsticks take a little longer to cook.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I made these using 3 pounds of chicken wings and tripled the sauce ingredients. I let the wings marinate for almost an hour. Baked in two batches for 30 minutes each. The wings are loaded with flavor, and were tender, juicy and cooked perfectly. The five-spice powder was a little strong, but they still tasted great. I think next time I am going to cut down on the five-spice a little. Made for January 2013 Aus/NZ Swap.
- 300 g chicken drummettes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- toasted sesame seeds, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix through drumettes. Leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Line the drumettes on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes. (Drumsticks take a little more cooking time).
- Sprinkle with seasame seeds, if desired.