Recipe by teresas
This is out of "The Backyard Barbecue Cookbook" We don't really care for drumsticks so I used this on skinless chicken breasts. Worked great. I have it marked "excellent!" in the book. You can add a little chili sauce if you prefer it hotter. Hope you enjoy! Cooking time does include 1 hour marinating.
Top Review by linguinelisa
Really delicious! I don't have a grill so I browned the chicken on the stove then finished cooking them in a 350 oven for about 40 minutes. Next time I think I will try cooking them only on the stove as another reviewer tried. Made for Please Review My Recipe cooking games.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup green ginger wine (I use sherry) or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (I use sherry)
- 12 chicken drumsticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, onion, pepper, honey and ginger wine or sherry in a small pan, stir over a low heat until the honey softens and the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Remove the skin from the drumsticks and score through the flesh at 3/4 inch intervals.
- Pour the marinade over the prepared chicken and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade and barbecue over a preheated, oiled gill with the hood down for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally until the chicken is tender and juices are clear.
- Brush two or three times with the remaining marinade towards the end of cooking.