Prep1 hr 15 mins
This is out of "The Backyard Barbecue Cookbook" We don't really care for drumsticks so I used this on skinless chicken breasts. Worked great. I have it marked "excellent!" in the book. You can add a little chili sauce if you prefer it hotter. Hope you enjoy! Cooking time does include 1 hour marinating.
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, onion, pepper, honey and ginger wine or sherry in a small pan, stir over a low heat until the honey softens and the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Remove the skin from the drumsticks and score through the flesh at 3/4 inch intervals.
- Pour the marinade over the prepared chicken and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade and barbecue over a preheated, oiled gill with the hood down for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally until the chicken is tender and juices are clear.
- Brush two or three times with the remaining marinade towards the end of cooking.