Prep1 hr 15 mins
This is out of "The Backyard Barbecue Cookbook" We don't really care for drumsticks so I used this on skinless chicken breasts. Worked great. I have it marked "excellent!" in the book. You can add a little chili sauce if you prefer it hotter. Hope you enjoy! Cooking time does include 1 hour marinating.
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, onion, pepper, honey and ginger wine or sherry in a small pan, stir over a low heat until the honey softens and the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Remove the skin from the drumsticks and score through the flesh at 3/4 inch intervals.
- Pour the marinade over the prepared chicken and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade and barbecue over a preheated, oiled gill with the hood down for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally until the chicken is tender and juices are clear.
- Brush two or three times with the remaining marinade towards the end of cooking.
Really delicious! I don't have a grill so I browned the chicken on the stove then finished cooking them in a 350 oven for about 40 minutes. Next time I think I will try cooking them only on the stove as another reviewer tried. Made for Please Review My Recipe cooking games.
I marinated chicken thighs and drumsticks for 5 to 6 hours....started marinating when I went home for lunch, and started cooking after I got off work! They turned out very moist and the marinade was perfect. Thanks for posting!
Wonderful flavor, and the smell while they were on the grill was out of this world delicious! It brought everyone over to stare in delight. I used sherry wine and added a little bit of minced ginger. Thanks for sharing!