Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very nice honey soy marinade for chicken.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 100 ml honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 4 chicken breasts
- Combine soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, chili paste and five spice in a container.
- Add sliced chicken breasts to mixture and marinade for at least two hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from marinade (do not discard marinade).
- Cook the chicken in a frying pan until brown on each side.
- Just before serving, stir cornflour into the marinade and pour into the pan.
- Cook until the marinade thickens into a tasty sauce.
- Serve chicken over rice and spoon sauce over the top.