A honey glazed cereal mix that is great for holiday gifts.
Make and share this Honey Snack Mix recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In large bowl combine cereal, pretzels, and pecans.
- In microwave melt butter and combine with honey.
- Pour honey mixture over cereal mixture; stir until well coated.
- Spread onto 15x10-inch jelly roll pan and bake for 10 minutes; stir.
- Continue baking for 15 minutes or until cereal is glazed and honey mixture is absorbed.
- Immediately place snack mix on waxed paper; cool.
- Store in tightly covered container.
I adore this mix!! So nice to have a change from the traditional, salty, snack mix. I have a hard time not eating it all. FANTASTIC! I usually use 8 cups of Crispix cereal so that I get both corn and rice without having to buy two boxes of cereal. I've learned the hard way it is important to bake it in 2 shallow pans rather than one large one like traditional chex mix. Also, this mix is crisper and more flavorful once it has cooled *completely*. It's best to make it the evening before you need it if possible.
Boy, was this good. I made a double batch of it and gave it for Christmas gifts for my 7 neighbors on my street. I put it in canning jars with pretty ribbon and a homemade tag(that my kids made). They all loved it and of course I had some leftover for the kids to snack on while waiting for our Christmas eve feast.
This was a great snack for a party we had recently. I used Crispix cereal. I probably could have added more cereal, nuts or pretzels for the amount of honey mixture. I think there would have been enough honey to cover more mix.