Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Something different to go with a Southwestern-themed dinner. My husband and I liked this very much.
- 2 large yams, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Put the yams, chicken stock, and butter in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- When the yams are tender; smash them using a potato masher.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Serve with a little sour cream on top.