Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from Taste Of Home Community Boards.
Make and share this Honey Smacks Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 cups kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- Lightly coat a 15 x 10 x 1-inch nonstick baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over moderate heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Immediately remove from heat and quickly stir in the Honey Smacks and nuts and immediately pour the mixture onto the prepared baking pan. You must work quickly, as the mixture will harden.
- After about 30 seconds, using rubber gloves, take hold of the edge of the candy and, lifting it slightly from the pan, pull it as thin as possible.
- Brake the candy into irregular pieces. Store tightly covered. Makes 1 dozen pieces.