Recipe by Ozzie Zest
I just adapted this from many recipes and it's never made with exact amounts as you can add more or l less depending on your individual taste.
- 500 g peeled and butterflied green prawns
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cm fresh ginger, chopped (more or less, your choice)
- 2 shallots, finely sliced or 1⁄4 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 50 ml water
- oil, for pan frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Have prawns ready and patted dry.
- Have pan hot and oiled. You will need a heavy based pan as you need to keep the heat up or you will stew the prawns.
- Add the ginger, garlic and onions; fry for 30 seconds moving constantly.
- Add prawns and cook for 30 seconds moving and mixing with the paste.
- Add the sesame oil and honey and cook for further 30 seconds.
- Add the water and seeds deglaze the pan and mix all together and place on a serving dish.
- This all should be done inabout 2 minutes and on high heat and you need to keep the food moving in the pan.
- Serve with rice, soy sauce to taste.