This is from Cook's Country magazine. I have not tried it yet but it looks delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pork tenderloin (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and slice thin
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and sliced thin
- 8 scallions, sliced thin on the bias
- 1Toast sesame seeds in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer sesame seeds to a small bowl.
- 2Heat 1 tablespon oil in empty skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Pat pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Cook tenderloins until browned on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add honey and 1/2 cup vinegar, and cook, turning tenderloins to coat, until mixture is syrupy and instant-read thermometer inserted in center of tenderloin registers 145 degrees, about 10 minutes. Transfer pork to cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes. Set skillet with honey mixture aside.
- 3Combine cucumber, jalapeno, scallions, remaining 2 tablesppons oil, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, and 2 teaspoons sesame seeds in bowl. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 4Cut pork into 1/2-inch thick slices, transfer to platter, drizzle with reserved honey mixture and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Serve with scallion salad.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Sesame Pork Tenderloin With Spicy Scallion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 37.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g