Here is a different and very tasty way to make tenderloin...I make this often at our house, this is one of my husband's favorite pork dishes. Note: the longer the pork marinates, the better it will be.....prep time includes marinade time.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a heavy plastic bag.
- Pour the soy mixture over the pork to coat well.
- Cover and marinate 6-24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the pork from the marinade; pat dry.
- Let sit out at room temperature for 1 hour before coating and cooking.
- Mix together the honey and brown sugar in a shallow plate.
- Rub the tenderloin in oil all over.
- Place sesame seeds on a separate shallow plate.
- Roll pork in the honey mixture, coating well.
- Then roll in sesame seeds.
- Roast in a shallow pan at 375 degrees for 20-30 mins or until the pork is cooked.
- Remove to a platter, slice thinly to serve.
I love to find new ways to cook tenderloin and this one went over big with my guests and I. I served it with Asian Coleslaw and Sesame Noodles and it was excellent!
I marinated 2 pork tenderloins (maybe 2 1/2 lb) in the marinade. In the marinade I used sesame oil. I used dried ginger. It marinated more than 24 hours. I omitted the part to roll it in honey and brown sugar cause my BF was afraid it would be too sweet (also I was lazy LOL) I cooked them with a thermometer inside until it reaches 160 degrees. Then I put the tenderloins on a plate with foil on it to let them rest. The pork was very tender, juicy, perfect cooking. And so tasty. Thanks Kit :) Made for Zaar Star Game.
I really hate to give poor reviews. I used low sodium soy sauce and this was still very salty. I'm sure it is just personal taste, but my family did not care for this dish. I still enjoy trying new recipes and Kitten I really love your recipes. Sorry for the low rating.