- 1 1⁄2 lbs mahi mahi fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet melt 1 Tbs of butter over medium heat, add garlic, and sauté 'til tender (watch carefully so that it doesn't burn!).
- Remove from heat and stir in teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, honey and sesame seeds.
- Let cool a few minutes then pour over fish and marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Heat remaining Tbs of butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Remove fish from marinade and add to pan, sautéing 4-5 minutes per side and basting with marinade.
- Note: I like to toast the sesame seeds before adding them to the mixture for a more pronounced flavor.