Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Australian Women's Weekly. Best made close to serving
Make and share this Honey Sesame Chicken in Light Batter recipe from Food.com.
- Cut chicken into chunky strips, combine with five spice powder and sesame oil in bowl, cover, stand 10 minutes.
- Toss chicken in cornflour, shake away excess cornflour. Dip chicken in batter to coat evenly.
- Deep-fry chicken in hot oil until well browned and cooked through, drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat extra oil in pan, add honey, stir until heated through.
- Add chicken, toss well, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Sift flours into bowl, gradually stir in combined water and egg mix to a smooth thin batter.