Recipe by Charlotte J
This versatile butter turns simple vegetables into stunning side dishes – add a pat or two to green beans, snap peas, asparagus, carrots, and parsnips. The sweetness from the honey also makes it perfect for spreading on dinner rolls, breakfast breads or bagels, and for topping pancakes, French toast and waffles. Use toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds to bump up the sesame flavor.
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lightly toasted sesame seeds (or a mix of black and white sesame seeds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the butter in a medium mixing bowl and, with an electric mixer (fitted with the paddle) or wooden spoon, beat until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Add the honey, sesame oil and sesame seeds and beat to incorporate, scraping down the sides.
- Taste for salt.
- Scrape into a small bowl, serving crock or butter molds and cover tightly or shape into a long roll in grease-proof paper (plastic, wax or parchment) for storing and slicing as needed.