Recipe by Chef mariajane
Treat your sports fans to a slow-cooked pot of chicken wings when they gather to watch a weekend game on television!!
Top Review by I'mPat
I only cut the tip of the wings and left the rest intact and then browned off in the frypan before putting them into the crock pot with the sauce/marinade and then cooked for 3 hours on low and then 1 hour on high for moist succulent wings and the sauce was great served over the wings and the rice, though next time I will put the sauce into a pot and thicken with some cornflour/cornstarch slurry. Thank you Chef mariajane, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Cut off and discard chicken wing tips. Cut each wing at joint to make two sections.
- Sprinkle wing parts with salt and pepper. Place wings on broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 20 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is brown. Place chicken into 5L slow cooker.
- SAUCE: In a bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken wings.
- Cover; cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.