Recipe by Rita~
Whole juicy chicken just like you get at the deli counter.
Top Review by BarbryT
Oh a VERY successful first use of my new George Foreman Rotisserie. Not as tender as my favorite rotisserie chicken at Central Market in Shoreline, but lovely nonetheless. Similar to my favorite "normal" roast chicken recipe--the honey and lemon are just delicious. The next time I'll use much less oil in the basting liquid...it didn't stick as well as I prefer. Thanks (again :-)), Rita. Your recipes never fail to please.
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- seasoned garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except the chicken and heat in micro till honey is melted and mixture is incorperated.
- Clean and prepare chicken for rotisserie. Baste chicken with sauce and place on rotisserie on preheated grill.
- Cook for about 35 to 40 minutes at a temperature around 400 degrees F basting occasionally with sauce. When done remove from grill and wrap tightly in foil. Let rest for about 15 minutes, then carve and serve.